Our coordination package is for brides and grooms who want to do most of the planning themselves, but when their wedding day arrives, they need a professional to execute all of their hard work.
Too often, brides rely on family and friends to help carry out plans on the day of their wedding. By asking a friend or family member to take on this stressful task, that person will not be able to enjoy the event as a guest, and will end up feeling like “event staff.”
In most cases, your “volunteers” have little experience in the role of event planner. They often end up feeling overwhelmed as they try to keep on top of everything that must be done to ensure that the day runs smoothly.
The following is an outline of some of the tasks that Wild Rose Events handles on the day of your wedding:
- Initial meeting: discuss ceremony and reception ideas, review secured vendors and recommend needed vendors, discuss budget and planning needs.
- Answer questions by email and phone as we go along
- In-depth organizational meeting 3 to 5 weeks prior to the wedding to develop weekend schedule and timeline, review vendor information and orders (making sure your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed), answer etiquette questions, finalize reception room layout, etc.
- Confirm timelines, details & arrangements, contracts and balances with vendors, via email & phone.
- Arrive early, work with officiant and Site Contact.
- Coordinate processional and recessional, answer any etiquette or tradition questions.
- Gather any wedding items brought to rehearsal by bride, groom or family to be set-up on wedding day, such as candles, photographs, guest books.
- Ensure everyone is comfortable with what they are doing and where they are going.
- Collect items for setup the next day – such as: guest book, wedding favors, toasting glasses, serving sets, programs, seating cards, table numbers, etc. These items may be held at venue overnight.
- Arrive early to greet & direct vendors as well as ensures that vendors have arrived on time & mitigate any late arrivals
- Ensure bridal party and family attire are in place, confirm passion of the rings and marriage license
- Advise Ushers on proper seating of family and guests
- Line up bridal party and family for processional, ensure everyone has their flowers, baskets assigns etc. (Make sure flowers are held correctly, timing is perfect, wedding dress trains are straight, etc.)
- Cue musicians and bridal party and family for processional and recessional
- Set-up of wedding items (candles, wedding favors, toasting glasses, serving sets, photographs, guest books, table numbers, programs, seating cards, etc.)
- Make sure wedding ceremony, cocktail & reception areas are set up as planned
- Work with venue to ensure a smooth transition between ceremony, cocktail hour & reception
- Ensure that bridal party runs on schedule & assist with an on-time start
- Assist wedding party with any needs, questions or concerns
- Keep everyone posted until processional begins
- Assist with late arrivals or any possible distractions to the ceremony
- Bring Wedding Day Emergency Kit.
Post-Ceremony + Reception
- Assist photographer in gathering family & bridal party for formal photographs to maximize photographer time
- Transfer Guest book, setup bridal portrait and engagement photos, setup toasting glasses, cake set, table numbers place cards, favors etc..
- Work with caterer to ensure that all cocktail hour & dinner meals are correct and on time as well as a container of dinner and cake for the couple to be enjoyed later
- Line up bridal party for announcements at reception
- Ensure food and drink and other needs are taken care of for the bride and groom
- Work closely with entertainment for entrances, first dances, bouquet toss, etc. to ensure that they are following the wedding schedule and are cued for correct music playing
- Alert catering staff to pour champagne just before the toasts, keep photographer and videographer cued for special events to be captured.
- Arrange farewell at end of event
- Ensure that gifts & bridal items are placed in the pre-assigned car
- Coordinate strike/teardown making sure all vendors do all they are contracted to do
- Just be on hand to handle issues or challenges in order to ensure that the couple and their guests enjoy their day and avoid stress – we will fix it before you even know there was an issue!!